Removing E-brake cable

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
EDIT: Got kick panels removed.

But....

Anyone know how to remove the parking brake cable from the parking brake assembly in the car? Im trying to remove the e-brake. Got all the nuts removed and have it all loose. Just the cable is stopping me from removing it all the way.

dscn1636d.jpg

Spaceboy1980

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2008
Lewisburg TN
Re: Kick panels

That's the hood pop and my 79 elky came notched around it. Instead of a hole for the cable mine had a U shape around it and is open at the top. Is your's not the same?

fastheavychevy

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2009

Thats easy just pull the panel from the top upper corner, there a clip that goes into a hole. Just pull on it and once its out just slide the panel downward. You dont need to take the cable off just to get the panel out. Ive taken mine off al leat 10 times.

fastheavychevy

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2009

Spaceboy1980 said:
That's the hood pop and my 79 elky came notched around it. Instead of a hole for the cable mine had a U shape around it and is open at the top. Is your's not the same?
I guess his aint the same as mine and yours

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010

Wow sorry, yes I meant to say hood release. Have no idea why I was saying trunk release lol.

There is no u shape on mine, this is for a Monte Carlo ss. Forogt to mention that. Not sure on the difference with a BU or any other gbody.

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
grab the cable with a pair of pliars and pull up...its going to be hard and will probably take you a few tries because the cable is just going to fight you. Your probably gonna want a pair of vise grips that will lock on and wear a pair of good padded gloves because when you slip off you don't wanna bash your hands too bad.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!