sealed power cam and lifters

chevy78

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2010
bought a sealed power cam and lifters kit for my sbc and I just can't get the lifters set.it's a hydraulic cam and lifter set with a little lift so it doesn't screw up my power brakes but the lifters won't come around.any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.thanks john

chevy78

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2010
we warmed it up and we set them with the motor running till we zero lash and went 3/4 turn but the click keeps coming back.thanks john

chevy78

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2010
ran it for 20 minutes at 2000 rpm.I don't know I read some blogs saying seal power isn't to reliable that a good % of there lifters fail.thanks john

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
OK, are you running heads with pressed in studs? do you have the proper springs for the cam? did you use break in fluid in the oil aswell? I didn't do it before and it chewed some lobes off the cam and i got the ticking like you described. When ever i set hydraulic lifters i only go a 1/4 turn past zero lash.
There are only 2 or 3 company's that make lifters.
I've used sealed power stuff and have had no problems
Shaun

chevy78

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2010
thanks shaun I used the break in fluid when we broke it in and we even primed it before we started it.as far as the studs there the screw in type and the springs I didn't change cause the cam that was in it was a lot stronger then the one I put in and it they only were run minimal time.next spring we'll pull it out and check and see whats happening it seems there's a lot of controversy on parts brands.like you say you had good luck with sealed power and I know there isn't many manufacturers of any of the parts today.I found that out as well with body parts. 1 or 2 make it and the rest sell it at a lot of different prices.well shaun thanks for the help when I tear it down I'll let you know what I find.john

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!