Seat Mounts

79ChevyBu

Weekend Racer
Mar 17, 2009
Hey guys, I installed new floor pans and am now looking to set in my seats, the only problem is when i cut the old floor out of my car everything was so rusted I didnt keep the seat mounts. Just wondering what you guys have done to mount your seats to the floor. I thought about taking a piece of channel iron and welding it to the floor with a bold welded to it but not sure. Thank you

fastheavychevy

Amateur Racer
Nov 30, 2009
G body parts sells the brackets to weld onto your floor and so does dixie montecarlo.com and there cheap. I have a bucket never tried them but if your handy enough to weld your floors in then you can do those for sure also.
79ChevyBu said:
Hey guys, I installed new floor pans and am now looking to set in my seats, the only problem is when i cut the old floor out of my car everything was so rusted I didnt keep the seat mounts. Just wondering what you guys have done to mount your seats to the floor. I thought about taking a piece of channel iron and welding it to the floor with a bold welded to it but not sure. Thank you

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
You could or sould find them (inner seat mounts) in the junkyard (Auto Recycling Center) remember all G-bodys are the same,for 20 to whatever dollars but will probably have to remove them,I've found good deals thru members here parting cars out,say $40 or so plus shipping but you'll generally have to clean them up,and as previously mentioned Dixie Monte Carlo has new fabricated (though I have not seen them in person) for around $75 or so which actually is probably the best deal if you value your time! KillerDave

81elky408

Daily Driver
Feb 20, 2011
kenosha, wi
i bouht some used ones that we cut right out of a parts car. i had a lot of time cleaning them up so we can weld them in. then i saw them on ebay already new, done, and clean. i would recommend buying them because of the prep time involved.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts