shared interior parts

Bills81

Weekend Racer
May 11, 2011
debary, florida
okay, so i have a 81 malibu in need of everything.

what year cars are interchangeable? specifically dash and console? is there a list of these somewhere im missing.

im still on the fence about what im gonna do with a dash, and would like to try and use a factory part. it would be nice to have a list of years and models that interchange so when i hit the junk yards i know what im looking for.

ive looked at 'glass ones, and the aluminum option, but would really prefer an original type dash and console. the amount of work needed to install any of my options is irrelevant to me, its really appearance im after and the glass and aluminum ones dont really appeal to me.

any help would be appreciated.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
not sure what you are looking for or quality, but I have most of the interior panels I'd let you have cheap. I'm a couple hours south.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I think all 78-88 G-body dashes and consoles will work. All 78-88 El Camino and Monte Carlo dashes/consoles are the same as your 81 Malibu with a few minor differences .

Doug

Bills81

Weekend Racer
May 11, 2011
debary, florida
doug, thanks, thats what i needed....and 81 classic, you have (or will as soon as i finnish here) a pm

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
For the dash you can look at cleaning it up with a dash cap if you are unable to locate one in great shape. They make full covers

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
FWIW, from my observation of hundreds of G bodies in the yards, the least likely to crack is the Pontiac dash, followed by the Buick, then Olds, and the Chevrolet versions are almost guaranteed to crack.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Far as what looks best I say it's personal preference.

You can pretty much narrow dash down by make like Ribbedroof did... Chevy (Malibu/El Camino/Monte), Pontiac (Grand Prix, LeMans, etc.), Olds (Cutlass), and Buick (Regal). One exception to this is the "Mexican" Montes that had the Pontiac dashes.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts