Speedway Motors Disc Brake Kit

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
Has anyone used or know anything about the Bolt-on Rear Disc Brake Kit #91031919 for $350 ? When I install my 8.5, I was thinking about converting over to disc brakes and saw this kit. I looked at the instructions and it didn't look to hard to do but was wondering if the kit had everything for the complete swap. Fancy conversion kits are big money so I was wondering if I was missing something due to the price of this one.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't see why it won't work. You should also be able to use 2nd gen F-Body rear rotors as stock replacements (kit says 11½", F-Body rotors are 11.496" or so). To use the e-brake the kit comes with stock '80-'85 Caddy Seville calipers. So in theory you should be able to just buy the brackets alone, and get the calipers/rotors separate. That way you could get parts locally with a lifetime warranty. I've thought about this and will still probably do it since it doesn't really use any special components outside the brackets, and is reversible if need be.

After a little thinking, you will probably need to make sure the Speedway rotor is located in the same place laterally on the axle as the F-Body rotor, so it will line up with the caliper.

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
Thanks guys.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
If you can get the brackets, it looks like you can get the calipers, rotors, and pads for around $260 + tax, and that's with a lifetime warranty on the calipers & pads. Basically the same kit as the Speedway kit with e-brake calipers, but about $170 cheaper.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!