Stalling out when engine gets hot??

art

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2008
Mastic, New York 11950
Hows the timing? Running vaccuum advance? How much vaccuum does the engine have while idleing? Vaccuum gauge is probably your best friend in diagnosing engines other than a compression gauge.

Chillin014

Frequent Racer
Mar 9, 2008
HOUSTON TX
Does anyone think the PCV valve being disconnected will help this issue? I started reading and think maybe the drop in idle is actually causing the fuel dripping possible because of vacuum increasing?

art

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2008
Mastic, New York 11950
The PCV is vacuum operated. If you cap that port, the idle speed should increase. I still think you need to look at the basics. A quick compression test, then start it up with a vacuum gauge hooked up and advance the timing. The idle speed should increase at the same time the manifold vacuum goes up. Since you don't have a pointer, you are guessing at best. If you take the time to find zero, make a pointer out of a wire hanger. Then at least you will know where you are at.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Starting with the basics is essential.

However, fuel dripping into the carburetor was mentioned. When the engine is cold, the engine is not complaining, but is running poorly when hot. When the engine is cold, it requires a richer mixture, so the drip may be satisfying the engine's fuel mixture needs. I theorize that when hot, the drip is causing the mixture to be too rich. The carburetor may need a float adjustment or possibly further tear down/clean/reassembly. I suggest to start with the basics, but include the float adjustment.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!