Stickey for LS headers/mounts?

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
Is there one and I am not seeing it? Seems like exhaust topics are all over the place. Can we get a sticky thread for telling just what motor mounts you are using, whether they moved the engine forward/back/none, what headers you are using & what modifications (if any) were needed to get them to fit.

THnanks

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
I know there are more combinations that one......?

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Search button will help. You have the Father/Son build done by the sites owner here, as well as 388Bu documented his LSx build.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
I'm using the Offroad Pacesetter Headers for a late model Camaro. Since I wanted to keep the AC Box, and keep my trans in the stock location, I used the Transdapt 7592 plates, using factory clamshell mounts. By doing this I alo had to move my frame mounting pads to V6 location.

As quoted by KevinWilliams, and this is in his 87' MCLS.

After having dealt with all the typical swap issues with various other mounts...trying to find headers to fit, driveline angles being wrong, oil pan clearance issues, etc, I started using BRP/Musclerods swap kits and headers (made by Heddman). They are engineered to work together, so there is no guesswork. I don't install anything else in my shop, unless it is an application they don't have a kit for (and they have kits for nearly anything).
I'm a dealer for BRP/Musclerods, and will discount the swap kits to $449 (current retail is $489) plus shipping for Malibu Racing members. Please speciy model and what transmission you are using. For the matching headers, we have :
1 3/4 mid length, coated $479
1 3/4 long tube, coated $649
1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped long tube, coated $759
1 7/8 long tube, coated $669
1 7/8 to 2 stepped long tube, coated $799
2" long tube, coated $729

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!