SUNPRO tach

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, Have had a SunPro # CP2011 installed for awhile and working. Now it sits at 9800 all the time. Engine running or not. Disconnect power wire and it moves even further to the right. Not back to zero. Disconnecting ground and or tach signal wire has no effect. Also driving from a car show last night, gas gauge pegged to right and then came back to normal reading. Are these related? Never had anything like this happen before. :-k

A

Anonymous

Thanks for advice. I will go thru and check for any loose ground connections from dash area and around engine area. #-o

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I know with the factory Malibu/Monte tachs if it pegs to maximum rpm, then it's an internal connection that can't be fixed externally, and you'd have to actually do soldering on the circuit board itself. Not saying this is the cause, but it's a possibility, something to consider.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply and advice. It is leaning that I fried the tach when checking WOT on the new carb. I am willing to try everything first. When on a narrow tight budget, it takes a little time to get things bought and or replaced. [-o<

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
75Malibu said:
Thanks for the reply and advice. It is leaning that I fried the tach when checking WOT on the new carb. I am willing to try everything first. When on a narrow tight budget, it takes a little time to get things bought and or replaced. [-o<

are you running an MSD box? because this happened to me and it was the fact that I still had the tach wire connected to the dist cap not the box, when I changed it over all was fine and dandy, couldnt tell you why but this was just my own experience.

A

Anonymous

No MSD box. But I will keep that in mind when I do get one. It is on my list. I guess a new tach got put back on the list now. ](*,)

A

Anonymous

Good Idea!! :!: Will try it this weekend! Thanks for the idea and help. 8)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts