T-5 with Ford bolt pattern for sbc

turboapache

Weekend Racer
Jul 27, 2008
LAKE PLACID FLORIDA
does anyone know how to install a would class T-5 with a Ford bolt pattern on a early 350 chevy. I was told that it is a chevy T-5 trans. I have 2 hyd late bellhousings but they have the std chevy pattern. Did 1993 and up camaro v6 s use the Ford pattern?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't know about the F-Body transmissions, but I went through the same thing you did. Picked up a T5 I was told was from an F-Body (WC, had the roller countergear bearing & everything). I looked up the tag (about 3/4"x5") #, turns out it was out of a '91 S10 with a 4-cylinder. I don't know where the trans. mount will be in relation to the stock one (an F-Body T5 will fit with minor work to the stock crossmember pad), but to bolt it up to the engine you'll need an adapter bellhousing, which will likely be $350 or more.

turboapache

Weekend Racer
Jul 27, 2008
LAKE PLACID FLORIDA
I solved the problem. I found a new Chevy main case for $85 and paid a trans shop to swap the internals for $100. The Camaro from 93-95 used this Ford case for some crazy reason. The first gear ratio is 3.75 in these trans just so you know.

turboapache

Weekend Racer
Jul 27, 2008
LAKE PLACID FLORIDA
If you are going to beat on it,need to go the tko 500 route for sure. The T-5 even with all the upgrades will not stand up to big horsepower and touque. They go BOOM!

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
That T5 is for a V6 Camaro. It is not rated at a torque high enough to be abused, but it will survive just fine otherwise.

The 2.95 first gear WC T5 had a torque rating of about 300 lb.ft. The 3.75 version would be rated at about 260 lb.ft. Within the same types of transmissions (e.g., WC T5 vs. WC T5), the torque rating is typically inversely proportional to the first gear ratio.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!