tabs on edge of transmission bellhousing broke off

A

Anonymous

just like the title says the tabs on edge of the bellhousing were broke off a th400 wondering if there is a way to fix this or can i run the transmission as it is?

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
You mean the bolt hole area? You can buy a JW Ultra Bell and cut off that stock aluminum case if you need to

A

Anonymous

as bryan said above... http://www.banningcohen.com/buick/th400/index.htm

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
You have bad luck with stuff breaking. :D What ever happened with the starter mount that broke off your block? That was you, right? The JW bell will fix your trans and provide SFI certified scattershield requirements. They're easy to install, we just did one on a TH350 for one of my sons Mustangs. Lee

A

Anonymous

yeah race car i purchased classic chevys bulky starter and starter transmission-mount plate and it worked out great.

the bellhousing is not broke, and holes are aligned im talkin on each side the bottom there is a piece that sticks out about an inch or two i dont have a picture of it but if someone knew what i meant it would be easier.

EDIT: here is a picture the tab on both sides are broke but the transmission is all built for racing would it be ok to bolt on to.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=th400dtrqek8.jpg

crd89stang

Dragway Regular
Jun 19, 2005
attleboro ma
wouldnt worry about that part friend of mine cut that area off of his for easier installation has had no problems for years now

A

Anonymous

just wondering if it will hold up against 815HP or if it weakens the bellhousing.

rock

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Chicagoland area
I always cut mine off with a sawz-all before I put the trans in the car. It makes it easier to drop the trans, install headers, and everything. Those little tabs are more of a headache. They are only used to bolt on the stock torque converter cover.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts