taillights, rear blinker wire routing?

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
hey guys.
I have a wicked gremlin somewhere in the rear end of my car.
It has effected the brakes likes. the fuse used to randomly pop, and now, every time i push the brake pedal, the fuse pops.
Also, none of my blinkers work. Im thinkin there is simply a short somewhere between the fuse box, and the taillights. I know where they lights enter the trunk, thats too easy, but where are they routed in the car to get there? Will i just have to pull up carpet?

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
routed along seam of the side & floor of the car runs under the sill plate in a plastic cover. Have you tried bypassing your brake switch to make sure thats not your problem?

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
81classic said:
routed along seam of the side & floor of the car runs under the sill plate in a plastic cover. Have you tried bypassing your brake switch to make sure thats not your problem?

I have not tried bypassing the swtich. The blinkers didnt work for about a year, then the taillights suddenly went out, so i think im out more than just that switch.
I pulled up the sill plate, and nothing was there. Its the"body by fisher" plate right? all i could see what carpet, and insulation

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!