th350 shift kits...

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
Who makes the best shift kit for a th350... not looking for a full manual.... and opinions are appreciated

Chris K.

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
I have always liked the one from fairbanks. For the th350, But not my favorite in other trannys. Just my 02

Malibu Monte

Frequent Racer
love my transgo

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I was leaning towards the transgo... but I have never used one... how did it shift and what stage did you install your in 1 or 2?

Chris K.

Malibu Monte

Frequent Racer
I'm not sure what stage I put in it. I rememeber the box said 350 1-2. I really like how it feels shiftwise.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
the 1-2 tells you that it comes with stage 1 and 2... so you don't know what you put in? that is the exact kit I was looking at for the Monte

Chris K.

Malibu Monte

Frequent Racer
DFWMalibu said:
the 1-2 tells you that it comes with stage 1 and 2... so you don't know what you put in? that is the exact kit I was looking at for the Monte
Honestly no, my dad built the transmission and put the shift kit in. If you wanted I could dig out the instruction sheet and look at his notes. Overall I think you will be extremely happy with the kit. My dad puts transgo in all the hi-pro trannys he builds.

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
I never did a transgo in a 350, But have ran them in alot of 700R4s and they are AWESOME. At times the first to second gear shift. Was almost to hard for everyday street drivin Hope this helps... again just my 02...

bluchev

Sep 28, 2009
saint paul mn
Transgo makes an excellent shift kit, i use them all the time

look for the 1-2 shift kit, it comes in a blue box. you wont be disappointed!

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i put a transgo kit in my 350. one of the mechanics i work with (our trans guy) did it for me when he rebuilt it. he said "i hope you don't have any fillings in your teeth...cause they won't be there when this thing shifts!" :lol:

so far so good.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts