th350 speedo cable quick question

superbean

Daily Driver
Jul 11, 2010
Franklin, NC
I have an 81 malibu, speedo doesn't work. cable hooked to dash work as I can use a drill to turn it and speed changes. What other cable/adapter do I need to make it work? Any insight is appreciated!

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
superbean said:
I have an 81 malibu, speedo doesn't work. cable hooked to dash work as I can use a drill to turn it and speed changes. What other cable/adapter do I need to make it work? Any insight is appreciated!

Only other thing is that one of the two speedo gears is broken

superbean

Daily Driver
Jul 11, 2010
Franklin, NC
Well the line isn't hooked up the transmission so my question was more is there another lower/upper cable and/or adapter that I would need to hook it to the transmission? I went to the parts store and got a lower cable since the upper is fine, but I think I need some kind of adapter to combine the two?

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
AFAIK the only cars with two piece speedo cables were ones with cruise control. Just get a cable for a non-cruise car.......

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
shvrolay said:
AFAIK the only cars with two piece speedo cables were ones with cruise control. Just get a cable for a non-cruise car.......

Give that man a gold star!

Tommy

superbean

Daily Driver
Jul 11, 2010
Franklin, NC
shvrolay said:

Well I feel dumb ha! That would make sense as the cruise control unit has been removed. Now I just need to pull my cluster back and run a new cable!

Thanks guys, Ill let you know how it turns out!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts