th350 tech help tear down ///rebuild story//questions

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
have a couple questions first will explain few things i am novice in this area i have a ron sessions book as a guide ,,,,,, i have 2 trannys one has broken bolt holes on bell housing so looking to swap the internals to another good case i have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, below is 2 pics of the low//reverse piston the broken case one has the holes in the piston and the good case 1 doesnt have holes i was thinking of not swapping the low//reverse pistons because i dont have the compressor tool but wondered if it could become an issue ??? question 2 in the good case when i was trying to remove the low//reverse roller clutch i had to push the anti-clunk spring clockwise to spin the low//reverse roller clutch clockwise so it wouldn't be in grooves for removal the book says if its stuck to spin it clockwise due to worn case splines now i am wondering if its a good useable case to sum it up the anti-clunk spring was pushing roller clutch into the groves preventing the roller clutch to be removed .... thanks for everyones input
2ndtransteardowngoodhousing012.jpg
2ndtransteardowngoodhousing013.jpg

makurtz

Weekend Racer
The holes you are seeing in the spring retainer is not going to effect anything. The metel around the holes is rolled on the other side to hold the piston springs in place on the retainer so they come out with the retainer as one assembly. Just makes for easier assembly.
For those wear grooves in the case from the center support, you can get a "Case Saver" insert that replace the anti-clunk spring. Your local transmission shop should have these in stock. Cost less than $8.00. They aslo fit in the 700/4L60E.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i will look into the case saver ,,,,,, i would assume the low//reverse clutch would work but wanted to make sure the internals from the hole one would work with the non hole low/reverse clutch ,,,,, sometime have to keep asseblies together etc thanks for the heads up on the case saver ,,,,,,,, i did a search on the net for pics to see what case saver looks like i came up with a 4 piece and a one piece ,,,,, i assume the 1 piece would be the easiest but would the 4 piece be better ??? http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/TH350_700R4_4L60E_1_piece_Case_Saver_p/470-000047345.htm http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/TH350_700R4_Transmission_4_piece_Case_Saver_p/470-00047345a.htm

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts