th350c converter

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010
hey guys im running the stock th350c in my lemans behind a 305 HO, vortecs, xe268, stealth, 650dp, yadda yadda. its stock, except for a transpak. my powerband really starts pulling at 3000 rpm, i knew i would need a stall, but now its bugging me more each time i drive it.

anyways moneys a little tight, i plan on doing alot of work over the winter though. i know acc and hughes make converters for it, but anything in the proper stall range is out of my budget till next spring most likely (especially being in Canada where it costs me atleast an extra $100 over the US list price locally for whatever reason, or just as much to ship from the US). i saw a company on ebay (oregon performance trans) sells a stall converter rated at around 2000-2400 rpm for $180. im guessing my torque limited 305 would only stall around 2000 if im lucky with this converter? i dont know if it would be worth the effort and if it would be noticeable?

the only other option i could see is finding a v6 converter from a th250c? would that likely stall higher and be noticeable? i think it would fit since most companies list the th250c converters the same as the 350c.

any other ideas?

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010
very cool, i have family in the kingsville/leamington area so im down your way every once in a while. thanks

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010
also thanks SSedan64 for the link. would that mean that stall is rated at 2000ish rpm on the v6? so would it stall higher on my sbc? also does that site retail in North America?

im assuming the im looking for either a 229 or am i looking for a 4.3L one? the buick 231 wont work im assuming?

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
would the stall in an '84 SS be any different ?? If so you can have both the trans and TC for $50 once I dig the crate out of the storage trailer ( I am thinking 1st week of december ). The trans was apparently rebuilt with a new TC and a shft kit when I bought the car. I swapped it out in favour of a 200r4 same time I swapped the motor out of my car.

I am located by Pearson if that matters. Any interest in the 305 too ?? :)

81lemans

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2010
84 came with a th350c right? ya id definately pick it up for that price. would be nice to have a spare.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts