time for 78 to go under the knife 6.0 lq4

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
K, so i put a feeler out to my local LKQ salesman in Topeka for a 6.0. i told him i wanted one complete
i was talking with him the other day on some ZQ8 wheels and he told me he had a motor i couldnt pass up

05 LQ4 50k mi 6.0 top to bottom L to R with maf, gas pedal assm, and fuel pump for 1200

i told him SOLD

now i got to figure out how to mate this thing to a 4sp till the funds come for the t56

pics as soon as the blue and white truck drops off my present \:D/

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Good deal!

Bolting the 4-speed to it shouldnt be too bad. If you are running hydraulics, then it will be really easy:

Re-use your old bellhousing and get the McCleod "adapter" flywheel. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MCL-460535&autoview=sku

If you have mechanical linkage, then you will need to figure out the zbar mount obviously...I cant offer much advice there.

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
OUCH!! that link stung a little

you think ill need anything other than that??

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
adapter mounts, different manifolds/headers since the truck manifolds don't clear, a different bellhousing because the one on Summit is 168-tooth and the G-Body bellhousing is 153-tooth (aftermarket = a few hundred more $$$), the z-bar may or may not clear the exhaust on the LS motor, so you may have to go hydraulic ($30-$50+ for a used master cyl, John Bzdel pedal, reservoir, slave cylinder, more $$$). You'll probably spend another $1,000+ easy doing the swap.

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
i told the wife an extra 2 large to get it into the car.

think i may hold out for a 6spd core. one of our new tecs is fresh out the dealer and manny trannys are his specialty

im all about the cheap. (arnt we all)

going to buy the shoenfelds and mod them to fit
so on and so on

has anyone taken a stock g sender or a fi g body sender and make it work with a stock pump?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Roller406bu is running the full length Pacesetter headers for a F-body and said they fit fine. The show them for $279 (painted) on the pacesetter web site.

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
that sounds like a better plan than the shoens

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts