TIRED OF WIRING. HELP. STILL RELAYS

gbodyera

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2010
Miami- Detroit
Ok. Once again more relay and switches questions. I am still trying to wire my electric fuel pump relay and electric fan with a toggle switch to power each of them. Yes Ive read the diagrams that came with them but it doesnt have anything for a manual toggle switch. I tried to figure it out last week but I burned a wire or 2 up. Can someone please come up with one of those cool diagrams?

Currently this is what I have:
ELECTRIC FAN RELAY
Electric Fan Neg.-Ground
87-Elec. Fan Pos+
85-Ground
30-Batt.-Circuit breaker-Batt.
86?

ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP RELAY
Fuel Pump Neg. -ground
87-Fuel Pump (positive+)(10ga)
85-Ground
30-battery-circuit breaker-battery (10ga.)
86-? it says ignition wire. I dont want to use that, I want a manual toggle switch.How do I wire it?

Now which one do I use? I have 2 types of switches. 1 has 2 terminals on back and the other kind has 3? I also have a inline fuses to use if needed.
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
You just wire switched 12v - could be the ignition switch, or toggle like you want - to the 86 terminals. Just make sure it has a fuse somewhere near the voltage source (to be safe) & you'll be set :D It's the same for both relays how you have the terminals listed, 85 and 86 are for the 'trigger' of the relay (low current), so you can use just about any type of switch you want without burning it up. It will work either way (you can switch 85 & 86 around), it's just a coil that energizes a magnet inside the relay.

gbodyera

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2010
Miami- Detroit
Ok. Ill give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Yeah I agree wtih Doober just run a ignition wire to the switch, then a wire from the switch to the pin on the relay.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!