torque converter recommendations?

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
I got a 5.3 and 4l60e, trans is from 07 silverado. I got a converter with the trans when I got it but I'm not even sure if it was originally with this trans or what stall it even is. It all stock trans and motor. No mods

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Not sure what your plans are for it but i have seen guys use the straight 6 trailblazer converter in these. It will supposedly stall to around 2600 or so and still has stock lockup feature. I thought about doing one in my truck,but have since found a deal on an aftermarket.

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
Nothing crazy, just a nice street car. Right now only thing the 5.3 has is car intake and LT headers.

Car still has stock 7.5 rear and stock gears. Been keeping an eye out for 8.5 on craigslist.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
If you are going to use the stock cam or any GM production cam stick with the stock converter. 4L60E converters aren't cheap like 350 and 400 ones.

If you are gonna eventually race it, my suggestion is Yank. I had a 3600 and had them restall it to a 4000 when I changed cams. It pulls hard and it's got some pretty decent street manners

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
Anyone know what the factory stall is on an 07 Silverado with 4l60e?

I figured most were swaping out the truck converters for something else. I swear I seen a build thread somewhere and someone said they would recommend to go with a different converter other then the truck one if you were to do a swap in a gbody. Not sure if it was on here or ls1tech.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!