trouble with my pacesetter headers

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
I have the pacesetter 70-2256 headers for 98-2002 camaro. My problem is they wont slide in far enough past my TH400 ears. I dropped the starter because they were hitting starter from top and bottom. ANYBODY GOT SOME INSTALLATION INPUT? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Ive always had to cut the ears off on mine...stock starter?

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Yep, what he said ^

I cut the ears on my th350 and my 400 I just recently put in.

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
THANKS ALOT. THATS WHAT MY DAD SAID, BUT IT WAS QUITTING TIME.

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
Finally got back to my car this morning. Drivers side was easy. Passenger side was muthauknowhat! I scuffed and beat em up pretty bad, after all the in and out test fitting. BUT ME HAPPY, THANKS TO MY BABY SLEDGE HAMMER....BANG,BANG,PING,...DONE dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif dancin_banana.gif

Kansas Bu Wagon

Daily Driver
May 27, 2012
Wichita, ks
I know its an old post but, can I get an under car pic of how they fit? I read on LS1 tech that the pacesetter fbody LT's the driver side one sticks out at an angle or something? Is this true? The guy said there was a problem with the exhaust fitting.

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
I believe on the camaros they are angled.

45CHI

Daily Driver
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
I know its an old post but, can I get an under car pic of how they fit? I read on LS1 tech that the pacesetter fbody LT's the driver side one sticks out at an angle or something? Is this true? The guy said there was a problem with the exhaust fitting.
YES THEY DID/DO. ITS NO PROBLEM THOUGH, WITH THE RIGHT EXHAUST TECH. THEY WELDED ON FLANGES CUZ THEY COME WITH NONE. AND AFTER THAT ANOTHER FLANGE STARTS THE REST OF THE EXHAUST. AS FAR PICS AND VIDEOS, I RAN OVER MY PHONE.

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
Kansas Bu Wagon said:

Found this picture of the pacesetters, hope this helps!

MCchassispacestter2_zps2330f218.jpg

lsxbu

Oct 21, 2013
Did y'all go from the top of bottom on driver side I can't seem to get the header up to the block

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!