TV cable

alcohol

Amateur Racer
Feb 28, 2010
meadowbrook, IL
I'm having my 200-4r beefed up my trans guy tells me I have to run the tv cable is there any way around this such as manual valve body ? If there is anyone else running a 200-4r trans with out one would like to know what you did to get around not running it.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
The TV/ThrottleVavle cable controls line pressure, shift points, shift feel, part throttle downshifts and the detent downshifts. Incorrect adjustment can burn the Trans up.
TCI makes a "Constant Pressure Valvebody" which eliminates the TV cables control of Line Pressure, it's still needed for shift timing unless you plan to shift manually only. The CP Valvebody can cause early Pump wear as it mantains contant high pressure unlike stock style Vbodies which allow the Pump pressure to be variable.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
my buddy and i just put a TCI constant pressure valvebody in his monte ss ,,,,his car has no computer controls in the car and no electrical to the trans ...i had no idea it wore the pump prematurley

alcohol

Amateur Racer
Feb 28, 2010
meadowbrook, IL
I have done some research since I posted this and yes that is what I keeping hearing and reading about the pumps were faster with a aftermarket kit like tci's because the pressure is always high so I guess I will run the cable on mine

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts