UMI Green Machine @ Ohio Muscle Car Challenge

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
This past weekend we attended the Ohio Muscle Car Challenge at Pitt Race Road Course in Pittsburgh,Pa.
It was 3 days of racing consisting of Track cross which is a shortened version of the full road course,Full road course with speeds near 125mph, and auot-X.
The Green Machine piloted by UMI Engineer Ramey Womer finished the event in a very respectful 16th place overall in a field of 29 cars consisting of only 1 other G-Body.
As we keep tweaking the set-up it gets faster and faster and hopefully by next years event we can get it in the top ten.It's pretty cool to see a G-body keeping pace with many of the big dogs at these events.

Attachments

• Track Cross small.jpg
    Track Cross small.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,319

Gbodyfan

Weekend Racer
Aug 18, 2015
Las Vegas
That's awesome!!
I may have missed some vital info so please excuse me for asking, what suspension mods are done to the green machine it looks like it can hang some serious corners ?

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Here is the complete 4yr build thread that we have posted on G-body forum:

If you need any info just give us a call.

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:

Gbodyfan

Weekend Racer
Aug 18, 2015
Las Vegas
UMI Sales said:
Here is the complete 4yr build thread that we have posted on G-body forum:

If you need any info just give us a call.

Craig
Oh NO!
I just read your entire build.......... Now my mind is going nuts about doing the front suspension as well.. geez I can't catch a $$$$$ break.. my friend just said that's what I have my TA for however if I am going to enjoy driving the Malibu daily it has to handle similar to my TA, damn I need a Seco d or third job lol
Awesome job you guys at UMI have done most companies don't really care too much about old cars, UMI has yet again put their company in front giving customers what they want/need and most of all having the car to do it with. Thank you for customer dedication..

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts