upper control arms

Lony kinney

Weekend Racer
Apr 30, 2006
Fairgrove, mo
i have a 78 buick regal, with a 12 bolt rear end. i having a bad spinning problem. went to adj my upper control arms today and they are all the way foward.

so my question is were do i go from here to cure my spinnin problem. now keep in mind i have m/t et drag radials. and i spin real bad on the street. havent been to the track this year so all my racin has been on the street.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
What is your pinion angle? If you do not want to have more adjustability built into the uppers (cut and shortened) you can buy some double adjustable lowers and continue adjusting your pinion angle by lengthening the lowers. This should also help to center the wheel in the wheelwell.

TRZ sells some killer lowers if this idea interests you ;)

Lony kinney

Weekend Racer
Apr 30, 2006
Fairgrove, mo
i already have adj upper control arms and my pinion angle is all the way down,(got the car that way) im wondering it i brought the angle up if it would help.

my motor spun a bearing last week so its down fow a few weeks.

383malibufiend

Top Fueler
Mar 27, 2006
Lancaster PA
racing on the street [-X lol

check the pinion angle. any weight in the trunk, like moving the battery or ballast?

Redline396

Amateur Racer
Oct 21, 2008
clifton, nj
lakewood lift bar's help me out a lot,but your pinion angle should be set at about 5 degree's(i.e 3 on the rear and 2 on the drive shaft) this should be checked with a angle finder on a level surface(or as close to level as you can get)

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
My first question would be if you are sure those arms are designed to work with that rear end in your car. Agreed, the pinion should be slightly down vs. the driveshaft. Only requres a couple degrees of difference. If you find it's not, then maybe the rear end or the arms (upper and/or lower) just aren't designed to work together and somebody (a previous owner??) tried to make do with the adjustmet on the upper control arms to compensate for a basic parts mismatch.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts