Upper/Lower for 12 bolt Question!

SWIFT NuTz

Amateur Racer
Feb 23, 2006
long island, ny
Hey everyone!... Just had a question. I installed a 12 bolt moser setup for my bu, But used the existing solid uppers and solid southside lowers that I had for my 10 bolt that i had in previously ( 7.5 with 4.10's) I have noticed on some pictures i see on here that the tire seems to sit closer to the front of the wheel well, and in my case my tire ( if using a 28x10) will sit so far back that it rubs the frame. The only way I can run a slick is by using a 26x8.5 which I really do not want to do anymore. some people are saying it can be the backspacing of the rim I have. But I feel that maybe it is the upper and lowers that I used for my 10 bolt that is giving me the issue of how the rear end/tire is sitting when looking at it from a profile view. Am I correct? Please any info would be greatly appreciated!
photo5wt.jpg

Thats what happened when on a 28x10 et street radial

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Measure the back space needed from the rear end, if anything get a small spacer to bring the rim out a bit. When i put my 12 bolt in i originally used the factory uppers and lowers and never had that problem but i also changed the backspace on my rims.

SWIFT NuTz

Amateur Racer
Feb 23, 2006
long island, ny
Yeh, I am trying to not have the tire stick out further from how it should be, so spacers are my last resort. Just seeing if getting different upper/lowers would help it adjusting the location of how the rear sits.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!