vibration @ 25-3000 rpms

Tip

Weekend Racer
Jul 14, 2010
Even after changing tha rear uni-joint there's still a pulsing vibration while driving. I have the motor mounts filled with polyurethane and the transmission mount is a energy suspension brand. Is this normal or something else? Thanks!

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
Only in a certain speed range or constantly a any point above a certain speed?

Tip

Weekend Racer
Jul 14, 2010
If Im runnin @ 55mph, its a pulsing vibration. If i speed up, it does too. Fly wheel maybe?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
In order to determine if it is engine or drive train, one of these variables needs to remain constant while the other changes. For example, does maintaining a steady speed, but changing gear, affect the vibration? Simply changing speed is changing 2 variables at the same time and is inconclusive. I am sorry to be difficult, but an analytical approach is necessary in troubleshooting.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
t5montecarlo said:
In order to determine if it is engine or drive train, one of these variables needs to remain constant while the other changes. For example, does maintaining a steady speed, but changing gear, affect the vibration? Simply changing speed is changing 2 variables at the same time and is inconclusive. I am sorry to be difficult, but an analytical approach is necessary in troubleshooting.
x2
Leave car in park and run the rpm's up to what the rpm's would be at 55.
OR
maybe run it up to 60 and kick it in neutral and see if it still does it when it slows to 55 (with the engine at idle)
If the vibration is there in the first test it's in the engine (motor mount, fly wheel, balancer, engine miss)
If ti is there in the second test then it is in the drive train (wheel, drive shaft,etc)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Bad transmission output shaft bushings can cause vibrations.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!