wanting to die?

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
why would my engine keep wanting to die at the big end of the track after i let off the gas? i have to feather it to keep it running as im on the brakes to slow down. i know its nothing to do with the brakes cause their manual.

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
Sikmalibu said:
I would say maybe fuel starvation or timing..???

It wouldn't be fuel starvation, he said it wants to dye (Die) after he gets out of the throttle. if it were a starvation problem it would be dieing at high RPM while on the throttle.

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Check your float levels, they may be too high and flooding the engine with fuel when you back off. Also, check your fuel pressure. Is that the only time it acts up?

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
my float levels at idle are fine but under load i dont know. ill go thru my fuel pressures again but it is set at 8 at the pump and 7.5 at the regulator. and yes thats the only time it acts strange. it doesnt make since to me.

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
You need to work on your idle setup.
If you have the throttle stop on the primary side jacked up to get idle speed, you'll draw fuel through the intermediate enrichment transfer slots and flood the engine.
Balance the idle stops front to rear, and it may need larger idle air bleeds.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
being that it is a demon with the idle screw in the middle of the main body couldnt i use that as a way for the carb to "see" larger air bleeds? im goin out to adjust my balance front to rear right now.

Redline396

Amateur Racer
Oct 21, 2008
clifton, nj
i would also lower the fuel pressure to 6.5,when you get over 7 psi the fuel tends to
push past the needle and seat causing the carb to flood.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts