weight information

Bills81

Weekend Racer
May 11, 2011
debary, florida
well, my tongue in cheek approach didnt work, but i am trying to track down a good part number and manufacturer for some front springs for my car....its come down to me needing the weight of the front end to accurately order springs....sooooo, does anyone have the front end weight of a malibu with a big block in it? i suppose close counts, but i wouldnt even know where to guess, and my car is in pieces and it is not possible to get an accurate weight without assembling the entire thing (havent even gotten the block back from the machine shop, much less having it assembled) weighing it and then taking it all apart again, which doesnt really bother me other than its a time thing, ....id really like to do this only once....
thanks in advance
bill

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IDK if it helps, but the weight difference between OEM iron head SBC & BBC is roughly 110#.

Tommy

Bills81

Weekend Racer
May 11, 2011
debary, florida
it does in a way, i cant believe that of all the people who drag race their malibus on here, that no one has the front end weight, or a spring part number for a steel fendered big block bu....oh well, guess i will do it the hard way....kinda only wanted to do the whole spring removal/installation thing once...lol...not to worry, my life has NEVER been simple

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
Never weighed my car...I want to...But I have an iron headed BBC in my wagon with all steel body..
I have hotchkis lowering springs. your supposed to use them with aluminum heads, but they work fine with iron heads.
My wheels rub a little at full lock. I have stock 15x7 wheels with 235/60 tires.

http://www.hotchkis.net/gm_g_or_f_body_front_lowering_coil_springs_1_drop.html

Bills81

Weekend Racer
May 11, 2011
debary, florida
thanks, if you ever get a weight on it, post it up.....im thinkin it would be close enough for what i need lol
rest assured, when i finally get it, ill post it, may take some time (motors still out of the car) but ill get there

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts