Weird ignition issue

A

Anonymous

I have a mallory 85 series distributor and a msd 6A ignition box.I have been running this combo for about 3 years with no problems till recently.About a month ago i was driving to work in the morning and i made it to the corner of my block and the car just shut off.It would crank but not start.I found that on the starter the small post was sheared off and the wires were just hanging.I installed a new starter with no joy.I pushed my car back to my house and the next day around 3pm i went to trouble shoot and i decided to try again and it started.I was like ok cool fixed.The next morning i went to goto work and again crank no start.I thought well maybe its the coil so i installed a new coil and it worked again it was hot out.The next day i started on a night shift at work so i drove here to work no problem plenty of power no hesitation.That night o got off work at 3am and went to start my car with no joy.Will crank no start.Checked for spark no spark.The next day i had my wife take me to my car and she started right up and i drove her home.What would cause me to lose spark when its cool out?I drove her for the next week everyday during the heat of the day with no problems.This morning i went to try her again and no joy no spark.either she doesnt like the cold anymore or something is wrong.Can the msd ignition box cause this problem?What else can i look at?Now all i have to drive is my motorcycle rain or shine(i dont mind the shine but rain sucks).I would appreciate any idea's.Thanks

A

Anonymous

could be the ignition box going out on you, its been known to happen
could be the ignition module on your distributor also..?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts