What glue adhesive for vinyl roof

diesel

Frequent Racer
Jan 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
What type of glue adhesive (and how much) will I need for a vinyl roof ? Seems fairly easy (well maybe not easy,) but do-able for a first timer. Got any tips or suggestions ? Can I use typical "Joann Fabrics" over the counter, by the yard type vinyl ? Or do I need some special automotive UV rated all weather stuff ? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
diesel said:
What type of glue adhesive (and how much) will I need for a vinyl roof ? Seems fairly easy (well maybe not easy,) but do-able for a first timer. Got any tips or suggestions ? Can I use typical "Joann Fabrics" over the counter, by the yard type vinyl ? Or do I need some special automotive UV rated all weather stuff ? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
stick with a 3m product,hit up your local autobody supplier,they'll set you up.buy more than you think you'll need,u can always return what you don't use but if you don't have enough your in trouble rite? like anything,the prep work is KEY!!!!!!!! clean,clean,clean.!!

NOT A TA

Frequent Racer
Nov 30, 2009
Delray Beach FL
I've purchased several vinyl tops through local trimmers and one through Year One and then installed them myself. I've used the glue that is sprayed with a regular gun. You can learn more about tops here http://www.keeautotop.com/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts