What intake manifold for a turbo application

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
What type of manifold would you be looking for in a turbo build. I've mostly seen the high rise intakes on builds. Has there been any proven facts that one style is better than another? Thanks.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I used a Torker II for sevral years, with good results. I have just changed to a Victor Jr. because it was already ported to match my heads.

john01374

Daily Driver
Jun 16, 2009
Any single plane will work just fine. The Victory Jr seems the be the most popular.

I've been kicking around the idea of using a large single plain like the Performer RPM for better response off boost. I have one here and I'm just trying to figure out how to mount the rails and injectors. If I figure it out i'll let you know.

turbodave

Daily Driver
Nov 20, 2005
Dallas,Texas
www.turbodaves.com
The Performer RPM is a dual plane.That being said I used one for a year or so.worked just fine, but I never took it above 10 lbs/boost either. Single plane is preferred over that IMO. I know of lots of Ford guys in my area use dual plane manifolds on mild street type setups on those short stroke 5.0's.

Just buy a victor "E". Already has the injectors bosses. I have one for sale. 651-983-3128

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts