what is the easiest way too roll my rear fender lips..?

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
what is the easiest way too roll my rear fender lips..?Thanks...

A

Anonymous

I never had much luck with those tools. Tried it on a Mustang once, could only roll one side. It couldn't crush the other side. Tried it on my Malibu and it didn't want to do it. I've always had the best luck with a baseball bat and broom handle.

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Our g-body rear quarters are nothing like import fenders. I tried once rolling the lip with a bat and it didn't move at all (I should have tried harder ;) ). I cut the lip off just on the top with a sawzall. No one has ever noticed. I would worry the bondo flying off the rear quarters when trying to stretch the wheel well out. :oops: :p

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
fender lips

lol.. that was my plan, to jus cut em down shorter with a cut off wheel.i thought about hammering them flat but that rapidly became a bad idea. im cuttin em ;)

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
here's what i did, and it looks great. you can't even tell. i start cuting from the back side into the 1/4 about to the edge of the fender. i made these cuts about every 3/4"-1" all the way around where the tire might hit. i fit a 255/70 in the no problem

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
fender lips

do u got any pics? all im tryin to fit are some mickey thompson 28x10.5 15s on a 3.5in backspace 8in wheel. they fit now but im sure they will rub on take off.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!