what size wheels i need for a set of mt L60

hartandsoulcustoms

Amateur Racer
Nov 14, 2010
russillville tn
i just got a set of mt L60 30x10x15 L60 was given to me what size wheels i need i got a 78 malibu stock size rearend with the lips rolled i like to put a 15x10in wheel and like to do a frame notch will a 4.5 bs work or do i need a 5.5 need to know befor i buy my wheels but i realy like to put 15x10 on it i dont care to notch the frame i plan to go biger with a biger tire later like 295x50 or 315x60 when i get the money the L60 was given to me thats y i want a 15x10 i just dont know what bs to get
any info will help and pics would be nice to thanks

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
15x8 w/4" back space will work (this pretty much centers the wheel in the stock well). Don't know about those 10" wide tires though. 15x10 w/any back space won't work in a stock well, even if it is rolled. I use 275-60x15 drag radials on 15x8s and they're close on both sides. They used to rub when I first installed them, but used spacers to get the wheels centered in the well, then raised the body an inch to clear.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
I wish I'd seen this earlier. Hopefully you still check in often or maybe you already got the answer you were looking for. I ran a 15x10 under my car with 28x12.50 ET Streets. I ordered my wheels with 5.5 inch backspace. My frame is notched, and yours will have to be notched to run this size rim. Rolling the lip will also be a necessity, imo. They tuck under the car but it is tight and they do rub going around corners. I did not mini tub my car, but looking back I wish I had and I recommend it. As long as you are notching the frame anyway, you might as well get it over with. I am now running 15x8's with 4.5 inches of backspace with a 28x11.50 ET Street and they tuck even more and no rubbing. I would still recommend the frame notch with this setup, as 4.5 inches of backspace will usually put the tire into the frame on these cars. Here is a pic of my car with the 15x10's under it, this is after I lowered the car as well.

100_1244.jpg

hartandsoulcustoms

Amateur Racer
Nov 14, 2010
russillville tn
let try it 1 more time
TOMS78BU i need to know need what wheel i need to put a M/t L60 on my bu it has stock rear end and summit says thay can be run on a 7 to 10 in rim and there 28 o.d and tread with is 10 in so i like to run a 10 were i can make use of all the of the tire so a10 with a 5.5 bs will work with a frame notch thas cool but a 8 with a 4.5bs will work thats alright i know i have to run spasers on a 4.5 bs or still do a frame notch so i just want to do it right plus i need to know what 12 bolt i can put under it were i can be looking for 1 and i like to say i love ur bu its so bad s## and i love ur wheels do u know were i can get some like thati know the company was sold but dont know who took it overany help from you will be thakful thanks for your help allan

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Yes, if you want to run a 10 inch rim, then 5.5 inch backspace is what you need but that is with a stock width rear end. If you are going to run a 12 bolt it will have to be out of an early Chevelle and it will be wider. In that case, I believe a 6.5 inch backspace will work. If you want some wheels like mine, they are being made by a company called Racestar Industries now. Go to http://www.racestarindustries.com and check it out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

hartandsoulcustoms

Amateur Racer
Nov 14, 2010
russillville tn
thanks so much for the info u the man i figered u would know i have seen u help alot of uthere men on here and u help me if i can get read of my center lines im getting some 15x10 with a 5.5 bs and 15x4 wheels like yours
ill shoot some pic and get thim on here
and thanks again for evrything allan

hartandsoulcustoms

Amateur Racer
Nov 14, 2010
russillville tn
oh and by the way i think ur car is awsome hope my malibu looks as good as yous one day
and thanks for the help ill postsome pics lol soon as i figure out this site
thanks alot allan

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
No problem man, glad to help if I can. By the way, I use photobucket.com for my pics. Just start a free account there and you can upload pics off your computer to photobucket and then you just copy the img link from photobucket and paste it in your post here and your pictures will show in your post.

hartandsoulcustoms

Amateur Racer
Nov 14, 2010
russillville tn
ok ill do that i want to start a build post from start to finish 1day lol im doing it fab to paint
this summer ill be burning it up wish i could get pics on my page like every one ells does ill feger it out
i fount a plase that sails wheels like yours plus summit has some allmost likem for about $475 15x4 and 15x10 with a5.5 bs if i saile my center lines im getting thim and thank again for the help that what i like about this site every 1 is been so kool i have got a lot of part and made a lot friend and if u dont mind im putting u on my frinds list thank again allan

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts