Whats the best all in one

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
E F I system that can be used with blower N02 or all of the above ? The ones that I see are only good untill 6500 or 500 hp I would like a lot more than that .Who do you use?

jrdrag

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
I do not believe that any of the systems are computer limited to those horsepower levels. The limits come partly from the flow through the intake manifold but mostly from the injectors them selves. Higher flowing injectors should significantly increase the maximum horsepower that it can produce.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
They all are rpm limited from what ive read.

If there is any limitation it is from the resolution of the tables. For example, my efi has good resolution for the VE tables and SA tables, 0-100 KPA and to 6800 RPM. After that it would just be flat from the last entry in the table. It'll see 15 lbs boost, with adjustments to fueling and spark retard for boost. I control my nitrous through it, automatically removing spark, how many mph it comes on and at what rpm in comes on and turns off. All I do is turn on a rocker switch to arm the whole system, the ecm takes care of the rest. As Doober said, you need to just have big enough injectors and a good fuel system. Hot rods F-bomb has 1500 HP with a boosted small block. You can go even higher, the limit isn't so much in the ecm/ecu/pcm hardware or software, it's in the other stuff. Throttle body, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Ok thanks. But my question is still whats the best for some one with very little know how when it comes to EFI ? Should I go with an all in one unit and if so what brand or should I piece it together ?

Well, it depends on the definition of peice it together. If you buy a fast or electromotive, accel, holley controller or the like, you would still need to get the right dizzy, and sensors for it, but you can get just about any intake, throttle body and injectors for it (the right inpedence). Holley does sell complete kits, so does accel. Not sure about fast and electromotive and the like. Megesquirt isn't bad but it is really a DIY kit. Th upside is you would be using GM/FORD sensors and what not. So if something takes a crap, you could go to autozone and buy replacements.

If you have almost know knowledge of how EFI works, and what everything does, i would get a complete bolt-on kit. They usually have base fuel/spark maps, and you can go online and download bins, the files the ecm uses, that are close to your engine.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
OK but??????????????///

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Thanks

Jackstand

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 6, 2003
KANSAS CITY, MO
eldabo said:
OK but??????????????///

i suggest getting something programable like FAST, ACCEl, or BS3. they will support 2000hp or more with the right injectors. I would stay away from the old edelebrock systems or the holley pro jection

I know FAST and Accel bot have complete kits for SBC/bbc... any of thier vendors will be able to get you a "base" file that will get you started and driving. Bigtime would be a great place to get if from, good guy and has a ton of efi experence!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!