Wheel/Tire fitament on 82 Cutlass

bbcutlass

Daily Driver
Nov 7, 2006
Auburn, Washington
I was wondering what you cutlass guys are running for rear setups. I currently have a stock width 9" with 15x8 draglites and 29x10.5 hoosier and I'm rubbing on the frame. I tried flipping the wheel around to see if the 3" Bs would help but then it looks as though my quarter panel is going to hit when I launch.

What I'm thinking right now is a 15x7 but then I will have to go with a shorter tire and then I'm going to be gear bound with the 4.86s that i have in the rear so I would have to buy smaller gears. any help would be appreciated. I would really love to run an 8" wheel with at least a 28 tall if not taller. Width on the tire isn't my biggest concern.

WDODGER

Amateur Racer
Oct 18, 2007
Cape Coral FL
tire help

hello i have a 1984 cutlass.I run a 15x8 weld prostars 3.5 back spacing,plus a 1/4 inch spacer.i runa mickey thompson 28x10.50 drag slick. i have a 9 inch. with 5/8 stud kit from moroso.they dont rub at all. the rear fender lip is not rolled or cut. hope this info will help.

mreese

Amateur Racer
Aug 16, 2007
KILGORE TX
Re: tire help

WDODGER said:
hello i have a 1984 cutlass.I run a 15x8 weld prostars 3.5 back spacing,plus a 1/4 inch spacer.i runa mickey thompson 28x10.50 drag slick. i have a 9 inch. with 5/8 stud kit from moroso.they dont rub at all. the rear fender lip is not rolled or cut. hope this info will help.
leave the spacer out and cut the lip off.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts