which roller rockers for vortec heads?

NYCAMINO

Frequent Racer
Oct 11, 2004
NEW YORK
what is the size roller rockers I need to buy for my 330 hp crate motor???????,it has vortec heads and I would like to add a set of roller rockers motor has about 2500 miles ,its the 2nd one I have owned and I am very happy dancin_banana.gif with this motor for the driving I do,can you also suggest a good brand to buy,,thanks in advance Rick

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
I know you need self guided rockers . I had my vortec heads drilled tapped for guide plates,therefore not needing self guided rockers [more expensive] As per what brand or ratio? Thats your call and alot of that depends on the application: Street or Race or both. Just dont go cheap Ive seen to many friends buy crap and break stuff. I myself like Comp Cams or Crane gold series but I've heard good stuff on the Scorpions! Hope this helps Wagondude

gmtofd

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2004
Central Jersey
Have the exact same crate mtr and brought a set of Crane Gold Series, narrow body, self aligning, #10751-16. These are 1.50 ratio. Would think that Crane offers other ratios as well. These will clear the factory center bolt valve covers.

gmtofd

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2004
Central Jersey
Will add that I'm using a mild Crane roller in my 350/330 crate and IMO, if you are going to go over .500 lift, would strongly consider the screw-in stud/guide plate/machine down top of guide/ narrow guide boss OD/non self aligning rocker routine.

Check for retainer top of guide clearance. Found that there was marginaly clearance for even the existing .460 lift flat tappet cam, that come with these crates.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts