Who has B-Body spindles & 12" brakes????

TurboBu

Daily Driver
Jul 13, 2009
Sw Missouri
My upper a-arm bushings are shot and I have a pair of '95 caprice spindles w/12" brakes already. The 1LE rotors are like $100 ea from local parts store. I was thinking Speedway upper arms since I need bushings anyway and they have longer lenth arms to match the taller spindle.
what else do I need? calipers? different balljoints? Do the caprice steering arms and other stock steering arms work right together or is this whole swap not worth the effort? This is a street/daily driver (I dare not say protouring).

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
iirc you'll need calipers for a late 70's Camaro because the 1LE rotors are thinner than the caprice rotors...the Camaro ones are close to the same. all the balljoints and tie rods will bolt right up. It's been 10 years or so since I did mine so my memory is fuzzy.....if I was going to be doing it now I'd just go hunt down a set of the S-10 sealed bearing spindles and some vette rotors and calipers, fab up a caliper bracket and keep the OEM suspension geometry. but truthfully the bumpsteer everyone complains about is not very noticeable to me

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
yeah it's dated...there's a company that sells a bolt on set up for the S-10 spindles or for a cut down G-body stock rotor/spindle but I can't think of the name. Craig (388bu) bought it to replace his B-body setup but I don't know if he's ever gotten it installed. Maybe he'll chime in here...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Last I heard the S10 deal was bolt-on? For C5 or LS1 brakes you can do the cut down rotor thing, cheaper imo because I've never really heard of floating rotor bearings going bad (unless they got really hot and the grease ceased to lubricate properly, or just went dry), plus they're much cheaper than the S10 bearings.
http://www.flynbye.com

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
yeah the S-10 swap is a bolt on...I was talking about the Vette rotor and caliper with a already made caliper bracket to replace the S-10 parts.....if you just do the S-10 spindle as stock then the advantage is a dual piston caliper and expensive bearing replacement lol

Kore3 was one company I was thinking of they have a kit Here that is not too bad if you take the billet hub out and use a cut down stocker and get rid of anything else you don't need

I still don't think that's the kit that Craig bought though...

Here is a guy that used the LS1 camaro stuff the vette stuff would be the same concept just using vette rotor and caliper

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
RatMalibu said:
yeah it's dated...there's a company that sells a bolt on set up for the S-10 spindles or for a cut down G-body stock rotor/spindle but I can't think of the name. Craig (388bu) bought it to replace his B-body setup but I don't know if he's ever gotten it installed. Maybe he'll chime in here...

I actually never got around to buying that. The company is http://www.flynbye.com/ as doober posted.

Their stuff looks real nice. Part of the reason I never bought it was that I could never get a hold of the guy to get some questions answered! That and I just spent a sh*t ton on the LS7.

But...for the record...I hate the b-body/1le setup....too much bumpsteer! But, it was really the only cheap option that I knew of back when I did it.

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
Ahhh my bad...I thought you had the stuff when you posted that pic before, I like that he sells just the adapter brackets by themselves...although they don't look hard to make

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!