Who here has modified their own harness?

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
I just got my truck harness in the other day. Red/Blue harness

Got the engine out, removed the factory computer and all the wiring that went with it through the firewall. Only have the A/C stuff left over on the passenger side.

Driver side I got the wiper motor off and removed the connector from the fire wall that's for the engine & front head light harness

Been working on the truck harness a bit this morning and got all the tape/wire loom removed and majority of it labeled so I know what goes where.

I also have a print out of this from lt1swap..... http://lt1swap.com/99-02_vortec_pcm.htm

(plans)

Keeping it EFI obviously
5.3L Drive by cable
4L60E
All Auto meter guages or Might go Dakota Digital (undecided)
Want to setup a light for check engine

Should I just be following the link from lt1 swap and remove all yellow highlighted wires? and NOT touch anything highlighted in red since I'm keeping the 4l60e?

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Yep that's what it looks like to me. Nice link wish I would have been more patient with mine instead of going with a painless

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
That site has good info. I used it for the majority of my swap, but I went with a TH350 instead of a 4L60e, so I can't help you much on that, but if you go buy everything listed, you shouldn't have any issues.

BIG. T

Daily Driver
Nov 17, 2010
Just spent hours carefully removing all the wires listed on lt1swap.com from the BLUE connector. I carefully removed all of them and labeled them to what they went to and what pin# for whatever "just in case" situations.

Went onto the RED connector and there were quite a few wires listed to remove that had to do with A/C stuff.

Pin# 17 (A/C Request Signal)
Pin# 33 (HVAC Recirculation Door Control "Keep pin here for fan relay control")
Pin# 43 (A/C Clutch Relay Control)
Pin# 55 (A/C Low Pressure Switch Signal)

I plan on keeping A/C, do I still remove any of these? Or will the trucks original A/C compressor even work with my car? I plan to notch the frame and keep A/C down low if possible. Not sure though as I haven't test fit the motor yet.

I'm using orginal SBC mounts with 1in setback plates and all truck brackets.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
If you plan on keeping a/c I imagine all of the existing a/c harness should work just fine. I think the removal instructions is more along the lines of "bare bones" to make the engine itself work rather than all the bells and whistles.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
If this helps, I just put a lt1 in a street rod. I took out all the a/c wires from the computer and wired it on it's own from the fuse box.
The gages I did those all separate also.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I just used my factory Malibu wiring to control the A/C, but I didn't use the original compressor that came with the truck engine. I used one of the older radial compressors and the stock Malibu wiring/contol. I really wasn't sure about the control of cycling, etc, so I just stuck with what I know.

rollcagerage

Amateur Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
I just did one useing that site info and help from a friend, from what I understand the ac request signal tells the iac to ideal up to compasate for the hp demand the compresser uses and another wire tells a second fan help cool the ac heat exchanger in front of the radiator. ( per 2002 camaro tune, trucks use a belt driven fan) On my project I just used the original ac pump and wireing to the vehical, if you try using the A/C pump that came with the ls motor and use original parts from your g body they may not be compatable because the new A/c stuff works at a higher pressure, I'm not sure if its just the fluid or the compresser that determines the pressure, On mine I just ended up making brakets to fit the compressure on the ls motor. heres some pics of the a/c mount, this is a s10 blazer but I do belive it has the same a/c compresure as a gbody. Hope this helps
DSCI0514.jpg

DSCI0602.jpg

DSCI0598.jpg

DSCI0610-1.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

pmgm

Amateur Racer
Jun 2, 2007
OH
I have a 2000 f-body harness. Where are you guys getting the info to rewire your harness? Mine is going into a 84 monte ss..

Thanks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!