who makes the tightest fitting 8 or 10 point cage

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Guys, I did not want to put a cage in my car, but an now thinking about it. It has potential to make some pretty good steam, and I have a family to think about, so safety is a concern.

Anyways, I would like a nice tight fitting cage. More then likely I will have to customize some of it, as I would really like the front down bars to come down in front of the dash, and sort of wrap around underneath it, instead of terminating right at the front of the door opening. I also want the rear bars to follow tighter to the quarter and rear window, as I will have my children using the back seat.

If anyone has pictures like above, and used an "off the shelf" kit that would be awesome!

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
wow, nobody? How about a kit that fits tight to the a pillar, behind the dash instead of in front of it? That would be a bit better, then I can fit the dash around it. I would also like the rear bars to be fit sort of like the cutlass bars. Tighter to the ceiling and the bend down by the rear window. As the back seat will be used by the kiddo's

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
If i wanted a super tight fitting "hidden" roll cage I would drop my car off at a good shop with a good reputation for building them. I think boxed up over the counter cages are fairly universal in design and not gonna fit the way you want. I have a comp engineering bar and its definitely not tight fitting. I suppose if i wanted i could have spent more time and bent up a few of my own bars and made it tighter. It was my first roll bar install and i was concentrating more on following the installation instructions and making nice welds.
Brian

Reactions: 468cibu

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
That might end up being the route I take. My problem is I know that Im more then capable of installing the cage. So its hard for me to justify spending 2K plus on top of the cage kit price to have it put in.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
if i took my car to a shop for a custom cage and they just bought a kit i would not be happy.

Bratly51

Dragway Regular
Dec 3, 2003
Joliet, IL
I used an Alston 10 point. Which is actually everyone else 12 point. If you want to keep the rear seat you need to get different rear down bars. Everything comes a little long for trimming. I'm 6'4 and had had the b post hidden and put the cage to the fire wall. I had to add a dash bar along the the bottom of where the dash bolts to the top of the fire wall. I had to trim dash but man its a nice kit for the money. I had a stock car buddy install it and he couldn't imagine it going as easy as it did. I went the kit route to save money figured I would have to swap a couple bars out but didn't have to. Just did for preferences. Rear bars to go through the package tray instead of the seat and dash bar for extra safety. If you have factory dash a dash bar is not needed.

Sorry if this is screwy I did this on the cell phone. If you have questions just ask.

Reactions: Warloch

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey Bratly, if its at all possible can you send me a few good pictures of everything? If its easier, I can PM you my cell number and you can text the pictures to me. I would like to see pictures of the fitment around everything. And I would also like to run the A pillar bars to the firewall as well. And yes, I figured the down bars would need to be custom.

BillySS

Frequent Racer
Dec 13, 2009
Matawan,NJ
A chassis shop is your best bet.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!