will this work and still protect the circuit?

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
I have a moroso fused switch panel and im going for the cleanest looking and shortest wires possible for my switch panel/relay board. I came up with this to try to keep the clutter down. Im not to crazy about running that much current to the switch, even though its not really going through it. Im doing this for my fans and lights too, just drew this up for the fuel pump real quick. What do you think?
wiringdiagram.jpg

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
race car wiring!!! lol Its pretty much a stand alone system for the pump, fans, ignition and lights. All i really have to the stock fuse block is the headlamps and directions...i wanna keep it that way. It isn't easy to access the factory fuse block when something needs diagnosing, this way everything i need is on the firewall and behind the glove box and all the fuses are right on the dash.

This is the panel i have.
mor-74131.jpg

rich

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
kenniwick wa.
that will work fine the current goes to the load just make sure the wire is the correct size from the fuse to the switch and from the switch to the relay and pump http://www.svapowerproducts.com/html/sizing_formula.html

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
cool, thanks guys i was pretty sure but for some reason it was toying with my head.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
That will work for you as diagrammed, but here's the way I've always wired mine to keep the amperage away from the switches:
This is lifted from http://www.ado13.com/techs/relay.htm

relaywire.jpg

"This is a typical wiring diagram for a standard relay installed for
headlights, horn, fuel pump, electric fan, etc. If the relay has a
5th terminal, it is not used."

You can use 18 gauge wire for the power feed to activate the switch.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
Duh....I put up that reply and just now noticed the 'sticky' on relays.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts