Wilwood front brake weight?

monkeyy337

Weekend Racer
Sep 3, 2007
Bowling Green, Ky
I have a chance to buy ($300.00) a complete (new) Wilwood front brake assy (spindle/rotor/calibers) for a "G" body but was wondering what the weight difference would be between the Wilwood stuff and stock "G" body stuff. The Wilwood stuff is the street combo not the race one but I'm trying to loose as much front end weight as possible for the least amount of money spent. I tried going to the Wilwood site but it won't open for what ever reason. I don't have any brake problems but just want to loose the front end weight. Thanks for any info.

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
I have this kit on my car, I dont have actual numbers, but the stock rotor weighs more than the complete rotor/caliper, and hub of the wilwoods. I wanna say it was something like 33 lbs total weight loss, but that seems high so I'm not 100%

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I'm also considering this kit and would like to hear of users experience with it. I think its $682 from summit, is there anywhere cheaper? I think its over 700 directly from wilwood.
brian

monkeyy337

Weekend Racer
Sep 3, 2007
Bowling Green, Ky
I looked at the brake kit today and I don't see how I can pass on it for only $300.00. Everything is new and seems quite abit lighter then the factory stuff. I did notice though that I will have to buy the longer 3" wheel studs as the kit doesn't come with the long studs and the calibers will not bolt to the brake lines (different size fittings) but Jeggs sells a braded line kit that will bolt to the stock hard brake lines.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
If we are talking about the same kit its #140-11009 with plain rotors. the drilled and slotted rotors are another $150 or so. The wilwood brake line # is 220-7056 to go with this kit.
brian

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
I have the drilled and slotted version, just add a "d" to the end of the part numbers
5370297572_13ddf86a6b_b.jpg

monkeyy337

Weekend Racer
Sep 3, 2007
Bowling Green, Ky
Nice looking brakes and "A" arms. I might have to go for them light weight "A" arms next. My Regal is a drag car only so weight reduction is my primary goal.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!