windshield cowl ground strap??

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
has anyone heard or seen the need for one of these?i've never seen one on a car before and don't know if will my antenna in the windshield not work without this part?any idea or am i off track with this one?just saw one tonight and was wondering if someone knew anything.thanks and sorry for the rambling

oldtinsmith

Dragway Regular
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Original Parts Group sells them for $15.95 :shock: (FYI)! They are the windshield antenna to cowl ground strap. My radio wouldn't work without the strap.

Doug

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
oldtinsmith said:
Original Parts Group sells them for $15.95 :shock: (FYI)! They are the windshield antenna to cowl ground strap. My radio wouldn't work without the strap.

Doug

the radio won't work without it?where does the strap go?does it bolt to the cowl and contact the hood?i'm all messed up now!i did see it in the opg catalog.

oldtinsmith

Dragway Regular
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Pulled the stainless trim off of the bottom of the windshield. I was sure that the strap was there and was the cause for my radio not working (many many years ago!). I was wrong,,,,,,sorry! I'm almost certain I saw that strap on one of my El Caminos(1964?, 1969?, 1978?, but not on my 1980!).
Again, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you.

Doug

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
oldtinsmith said:
Pulled the stainless trim off of the bottom of the windshield. I was sure that the strap was there and was the cause for my radio not working (many many years ago!). I was wrong,,,,,,sorry! I'm almost certain I saw that strap on one of my El Caminos(1964?, 1969?, 1978?, but not on my 1980!).
Again, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you.

Doug
:-k well,that's a fine how do you do.thanks for letting me know

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!