Wireing a autometer tach

highrpms

Amateur Racer
Aug 20, 2007
Springfield,Mo
I know how to but I'm just curious how everyone has there wired up,Like on the fuse box and how you ran the tach wire to the dist ( I have an HEI) just trying to save some time rather then using a test light and stuff

TRAVIS

Amateur Racer
Feb 1, 2007
MORRISTOWN TN
I would wire up your 12v hot wire to one of the ignition terminals on your fuse block that only is hot when the switch is turned on there should be a couple of them that becomes hot when the switch is turned on. Your white wire for the lights should be ran to your parking lights. Of course the green goes in the distributor where it says tach. Hope this helps.

highrpms

Amateur Racer
Aug 20, 2007
Springfield,Mo
I got it done today! Running power and dist. was easy but took me abit to find a good solid wire for the access. light and a ground (the f-body was easier to find a ground wire and acess. lights) but I was able to slice into a grey and black one where the stereo should be :D I'm making a custom gauge panel where the stereo should be for my oil press,temp, and volt (I have no use for a radio ... my exhaust does it for me lol)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!