Chrome Trim Removal

81malibu329

Amateur Racer
Aug 1, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I was hoping to get some info on removing the chrome trim that's around the windows. Are there any special tricks to removing these pieces without damaging them? I've heard there is a special tool, but I'm not sure what it looks like. Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

81malibu329

Amateur Racer
Aug 1, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Oh ok, cool. Yeah, I've seen that tool before. Maybe I'll check to see if there are any videos on youtube for this sort of thing. Thanks

81malibu329

Amateur Racer
Aug 1, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Borrowed the trim tool from a guy at the body shop. Trim came right off. All of my trim is pretty scratched up, anyone know of a good place to have it re chromed?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
81malibu329 said:
Borrowed the trim tool from a guy at the body shop. Trim came right off. All of my trim is pretty scratched up, anyone know of a good place to have it re chromed?

Most G-body trim isn't chromed. It's polished/clear anodized aluminum or stainless steel. Paul's Chrome can probably help. They're very good, but not cheap...

Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i actually had my window trim stripped at a local chrome shop,wasn't to expensive.i couldn't get the oven cleaner trick to work.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!