What body mods would you do to your car (if any)?

Wagonized

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
abbotsford bc canada
www.cardomain.com
Just wondering what you guys would do to your cars if going through the bodywork/paint process ?

shaved door handles?

Different door handles?

Shaved drip rails?

Remove all chrome trim?

Paint the trim?

etc etc.

My car is starting to show some bubbling in the paint (poor prep work Id guess) so Ill either be repainting it or using it for parts and starting with a completely fresh body. So Im looking for ideas....

Thanks

woody31

Frequent Racer
i would remove all the trim mounting studs along the body and loose the bed trim,,replace the filll panels..and go back simple ,gloss white,, blue graphics,,, cheers

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i used late model Monte door handles,painted them body color,i painted my trim,bumpers/deleted some,deleted header emblem,shaved marker lights,antenna,shaved the rear bumper bolts,narrowed the front bumper & frenched the plate,painted the rear plate pocket in the tailgate, smoothed the firewall.w/the wagon you can remove or add the rear spoiler on the glass and/or roof rack

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
SLIGHTLY narrowed & rechromed bumpers.

Tommy

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Flush mounted front and rear windows, remove all exterior trim where possible, Leave the drip rail, they dont look right without one.

BOWTIEKID

Daily Driver
May 20, 2009
Leitchfield, Kentucky
StreetBu said:
Flush mounted front and rear windows, remove all exterior trim where possible, Leave the drip rail, they dont look right without one.

I agree with all of this except I want to shave my drip rail. I like the look without it, as far as door handles? I never did care for shaved handles, maybe recessed handles like a 4th gen camaro. (Flush with door) Also agree with tommy, just want the bumpers narrowed about 1.5"-2" on both sides.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Yeah I dont like not having a door handle on a car. Definitely some more modern flush style door handles.

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
Stainless can be powdercoated too. A good powdercoater has more color options than you would believe.

83 g wagon

Apr 24, 2012
On my wagon I shaved the handles, narrowed, tucked, and raised the bumpers, shaved the roof rack, shaved the taillights and marker lights and have LED taillights in the rear window.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!