Where to cut this panel for replacement.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Hey, Im going to start replacing rusty panels on my 79 Malibu. Im looking some opinion's on where to cut this panel for best replacement. The patch panel I have is cut above the body line.

Thanks Doug

Where to cut this panel for replacement.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
everyone's different but this is how i like to put panels in.i try to keep the replacement panel as far below the original body line as possible.the body line is strong and in the past I've kept the weld below/at the body line that way it has less chance of distorting the panel as much because it's a rigid line.body line or not i still like to space the welds out to keep the heat from spreading i.e. less distortion =less bodywork etc etc.the last one i did i was on a van and my weld was an inch below the body line,i was able to do my bodywork up to the body line it worked out nice.i try and keep as much of the original panel as i can.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
melloelky said:
everyone's different but this is how i like to put panels in.i try to keep the replacement panel as far below the original body line as possible.the body line is strong and in the past I've kept the weld below/at the body line that way it has less chance of distorting the panel as much because it's a rigid line.body line or not i still like to space the welds out to keep the heat from spreading i.e. less distortion =less bodywork etc etc.the last one i did i was on a van and my weld was an inch below the body line,i was able to do my bodywork up to the body line it worked out nice.i try and keep as much of the original panel as i can.

OK, Thanks for the information.

Doug

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!