Undercoating & Seam Sealer ??'s

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
Alright guys, I'm working on the body, finally got it from the front garage to the back garage so I can actually work on it. The underneath is in really good shape but as I was cleaning it off this evening I noticed the undercoating is kinda powdery & flakes off in spots with compressed air. Originally I was going to clean, sand all the loose sh*t & hit it with some paint, but after seeing Skayser2's post that aint going to be good enough for me. :mrgreen: Sooo, what is a good undercoating to spray back under here?
2nd part, also as I was cleaning I noticed alot of the seam sealer is also dried and flakes off with compressed air. Should I go back through and reseal all the seams? I dont plan on doing this car twice, so its going to be right when I'm done this time. Throw some ideas out there, Thanks, Cliff

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
well i did my underneath with duplicolor professional undercoat, it is the only undercoat that i found that lays nice without any bubbles. i just let it dry hard and then painted it flat black.

Picture227.jpg

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
81classic said:
Should I go back through and reseal all the seams? I dont plan on doing this car twice, so its going to be right when I'm done this time. Throw some ideas out there, Thanks, Cliff

I think you answered your own question.....

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
What year is that frame? Supposedly, the 82 and up engine crossmembers are different, and that's the first really good pic I've seen

1984, it is a regal though so i dont know, but i think the front horns are different.

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
i like the underneath painted too, but i did not do an off body.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!