frame off / floor repair

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
this thread will be long i am sure well i started looking at threads related to this topic mine will be difficult i will start up front my sides to the rockers are wiped out i have about 3ft sections missing the flat areas that meet the rockers and the sides where it meets the floor base from the seat mount to where it just starts the bend up to the firewall also the drivers side mount at the firewall , the base rotted out my plan i need the body off the chasis all the spot welds for the sides are underneath i also plan to replace the center section of floor between the 2 side replacement panels going to remove the seat mount brace across the entire floor and make my cut there so when i install the seat brace back in it will cover the weld line . from what i have seen everyone supports the body at mounting points which if i do the blocks will be in the way of my repairs other areas i need to do is the panel under the rear seat and the body mount brace and the panel just behind the seat back rest and may replace the wheel well inner sections i do plan on removing the door ,interior,the nose going to make it as light as possible . would like some ideas where i can support the body safely thanks

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
well just came up with a draft plan what i was thinking is welding in square tube cross braces in the door areas front to back and a x from one side to the other then bolting and welding thick plates that overhang past the rockers to support the body if anyone has good or bad input feel free thanks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!