Horrible painting by me

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Once upon a time I was decent. I knew how to setup a spray gun and used to work for the inlaws paint and body shop. I was never really good at it but I was good enough to make a living. I did fair body work and could paint panels.
Today I masked the car off and pulled out the spray gun and proceeded to absolutly do a horrible 30 ft paint job. I could not get the gun dialed in for the life of me. It sprayed too heavy or too light, the pattern was wrong and I could not get it to adjust. So I just sprayed the damn car anyway.
I only used a quart, and it was premixed. Probably a mistake right there. The gun kept spraying the material like it was fabric. it would come out 'stringy'. Towards the end I realized I did not have enough air pressure setup for the gun. I supposed the 'textured' look will have to be the in thing for awhile. It was frustrating.
I also understand the importance of a spray booth. The color was meant to go on flat and a little crap in the paint would not kill me.

Assembly%20024.jpg

Assembly%20031.jpg

awbrooks496

Weekend Racer
Apr 21, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
Don't worry about it, because everyone has those days. How long had the gun been setting? What fluid tip does the gun have? What type of gun (etc)? Sounds like it needs to be tore down and cleaned REALLY good. What did you paint were you using? If you wanted the flat/satin look SEM has a pretty good product. Some more info and we can get you back on track.

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
I am going to drive it as is for a little while. The gun was brand new....never used.

DrFeelgood

Frequent Racer
Aug 25, 2008
Wooster,Ohio
There's always Krylon \:D/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!