powder coat or paint

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
Putting a new frame under my car and would like to know what would be better for the frame, Will have to weld it in and paint that part anyway where it would be welded. Know powder would last longer but matching it with paint might be challenging.

81Regal

Top Fueler
Jul 7, 2003
NW Iowa
What do you need to weld on it? Powdercoating is much more durable, where you need to grind it off I would repaint with epoxy primer.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
hey man!i painted my frame but i wish i had powdercoated it,i'm impressed with it's durability on all my suspension.when u powdercoat your frame,give them a peice of sheet metal about 5"by5" and have them coat that at the same time. that way when it comes time to put some paint on the frame you can go to your local paint shop and have them match it from that.most have a computer device called the Prophet,it's a digital camera that takes a picture of the color and can do one of two things,it can choose a color formula from its large color library or make you a custom formula.if they don't have that,i'm sure they could come up with something close for ya.81's right epoxy primer's a good time.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!