Dupli Color in a Can ?

jakedog

Frequent Racer
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY
Ya think if i was gonna paint my bumpers can spray paint in ok ? I dont have a gun, and i really dont want buy everything and mix it all up. I really dont have the room to make the mess either !! So i was thinkin duplicolor ? Any thoughts ?

gbody2

Amateur Racer
Apr 19, 2009
northbridge ma 01588
jakedog said:
Ya think if i was gonna paint my bumpers can spray paint in ok ? I dont have a gun, and i really dont want buy everything and mix it all up. I really dont have the room to make the mess either !! So i was thinkin duplicolor ? Any thoughts ?
What color you painting them? if your going for a satin look then go for it. You won't get a great finish out of a can.

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Are you painting Fiberglass or Steel/Chrome??
If fiberglass I would use a can, Duplicolor Low Gloss Black #1634 is what I used on all my plastics, firewall, rearend housing and steering components. It is holding up extremely well!! It also has a good sheen, not dull like flat paint and not to glossy.
If you are going to spray can over chrome I think it is going to be tough to get it to bond, I would call or go on line to Duplicolr and ask what they would recommend.
Good luck

jakedog

Frequent Racer
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY
Yes a steel chrome bumper. I am gonna sand the whole bumper down, I want to paint it a silver or gray, i guess whatever you wanter call it !

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Good prep and a steady hand, I have gotten excellent results from a spray can.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
you could also clear it and color sand it..... I have made krylon look professional..... I did a nitrous bottle once that I bought off of ebay it had 3 layers of paint on it so I stripped it and went gloss black then clear and color sanded it and looked better than most expensive paint jobs....

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
It'll look fine, but will fade considerably faster.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts