Classic Landau Two Tone Paint Job

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Hi!

I was wondering if someone had some pictures that show the details of the Classic Landau two tone paint job.
I mean pictures of the whole car, preferrably the front, back, sides and the change between the colours.

Thanks! ;)

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
This is the only one I have

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/chevy/79malibu/bilder/3.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but good luck finding the correct pinstripe to separate the two colors. Somebody here was looking for it a while back & finally gave up & just used some generic stuff.

Tommy

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Really? :shock:
I would think it wouldn't be hard finding a car which still has the original two tone paint job, or atleast the same set-up.. well I will try non the less and shall save and post the pictures here if I'm so lucky to get my hands on them!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I didn't mean you'll not find a Landau car to copy/study, I meant you may have a hard time actually finding & purchasing the correct pinstripe.

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Hey, I was wrong!! :lol: just spoke to a friend who owns a Corvette restoration shop. He said 3M makes something called "Duo-Tone" paint break tape. It may not be exactly the same as the OEM tape, but it's designed for use on a two-tone paint job to hide the edges. There's a coupe of different patterns & multiple color combos. It runs around $90.00- $120.00 a roll.

Tommy

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I was only thinking about one to study ;)
I'm considering a black/red two tone and just have to decide which two tone paint job I will go with and if the original two tone will look good enough then I would paint the whole thing, I wouldnt get pinstripe tape.. but it's nice to know about it!

Thanks Tommy!

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
IMO, tape to seperate the two colors is a halfass job. I understand production constraints, but there's no excuse for tape on a refinish/hobby car.

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
Ribbedroof said:
IMO, tape to seperate the two colors is a halfass job. I understand production constraints, but there's no excuse for tape on a refinish/hobby car.

x2

jus get a stripe-er (( i didnt know how else to write it without it looking like a stripper(strip her) lol))

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
Actually, I prefer to paint the stripe on along with the two colors and bury it under the clear. Doesn't really take all that much more time or work, and looks like it was part of the original concept, rather than an afterthought.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!